UMBC Transit provides safe, reliable, responsive shuttle and charter bus services to meet the transportation needs of the UMBC community. Shuttle routes cover residential communities near campus, as well as shopping areas surrounding UMBC.
UMBC Transit, a Department in the Division of Student Affairs, is funded by the University’s Transportation Fee, which is assessed to the student population based on credit hours. UMBC students, faculty, and staff can utilize UMBC Transit shuttle routes and services. Your Campus ID card is required for boarding.
- Arbutus Route — serving the Arbutus & Irvington Communities
- Arundel /MARC Route — serving the nearby Arundel Mills Mall & BWI MARC Amtrak train Station
- BWI MARC Route — providing access to the BWI / MARC Train Station
- Catonsville Route — serving the Catonsville Community (Frederick Road business district) and Catonsville Community College bus stop on Rolling Road
- Courtney Road Route — Serving Courtney Road, Arbutus Plaza and UMBC Technology Research Center at Linden Ave.
- Downtown Route — serving downtown Baltimore
- Halethorpe/Satellite Route — serving the Halethorpe Train Station, South Campus Satellite Lot, and Main Campus
- Route 40/Rolling Road Route — providing connection to the Route 40 business district