Special Event Parking Policy
This policy is to serve as a uniform guideline for university special event parking in facilities controlled by Parking Services. It is intended to cover most forms of pre-planned event parking.
Special Event Parking Description:
Special event parking is any organized parking for university employees or visitors attending a planned event on campus. This policy applies to department functions, conferences, and official university activities. Special event parking is defined as pre-planned parking for 10 or more parking spaces.
Special Event parking does not include the following:
- Athletic Events
- Event Center Events (not including Retriever Room)
- Temporary or Vendor Parking
- Construction Parking
- Complete and submit a Special Event Request Form at least 15 days prior to the date of the event. Event parking cannot proceed until request has been approved by Parking Services
- Availability of parking facilities for the event is not guaranteed. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests. For groups assigned parking in South Campus or Maryland State Highway Park-n- Ride, the sponsoring department must request shuttle service through UMBC Transit
- Failure to notify Parking Services at least 48 hours of cancellation of an event will result in a billing charge to the department or organization
- When parking spaces are reserved, the department/group will be charged based upon the number of spaces being held, even if they go unused
- Organizations without a University Chartstring must submit payment for services in advance to the Parking Services Department by check, or money order payable to UMBC