Visit MTA, the Maryland Transportation Authority to find how to travel to and from campus, with tips including:
- Save: Students can purchase an MTA Bus pass for $55.00 available through Off Campus Student Services
- Bus: CityLink Yellow (YW) & Purple (PR), LocalLink 37, 76 & 77 connect UMBC with surrounding area and Baltimore City
- Train: Many trains serve the area, including MARC, a commuter train connecting the greater Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Areas with student-friendly fares
- Light Rail & Metro: Connecting Baltimore County & City, the metro travels east and west while the light rail north to south
Locate routes and schedules for all MTA transit options
STUDENT MTA DISCOUNTS
Get where you need to go with MTA’s discounted monthly bus pass – just $55 dollars (regularly $74).
Download the free Charm Pass mobile ticketing app via Apple Store or GooglePlay and enter your UMBC email to get your discount.
MTA EMPLOYEE STICKERS
- 210: Kent Island/Annapolis-Baltimore
- 215: Baltimore-Annapolis
- 310: Columbia-Baltimore/Johns Hopkins
- 320: Baltimore-Jessup/Columbia
- 410: Churchville/Bel Air-Baltimore/State Center
- 411: Hickory/Bel Air-Baltimore/Johns Hopkins
- 420: Havre de Grace-Baltimore/Johns Hopkins
Stickers are available at the Parking Services Office, Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM. Please bring your Campus ID when picking up so that we can verify your eligibility. If you have issues boarding or questions from drivers regarding the service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.