Visit MTA, the Maryland Transportation Authority to find how to travel to and from campus, with tips including:
- Save: Students can purchase an MTA Bus pass for $55.00 available through Off Campus Student Services
- Bus: CityLink Yellow (YW) & Purple (PR), LocalLink 37, 76 & 77 connect UMBC with surrounding area and Baltimore City
- Train: Many trains serve the area, including MARC, a commuter train connecting the greater Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Areas with student-friendly fares
- Light Rail & Metro: Connecting Baltimore County & City, the metro travels east and west while the light rail north to south
Locate routes and schedules for all MTA transit options
STUDENT MTA DISCOUNTS
Get where you need to go with MTA’s discounted monthly bus pass – just $55 dollars (regularly $74).
Download the free Charm Pass mobile ticketing app via Apple Store or GooglePlay and enter your UMBC email to get your discount.
MTA EMPLOYEE STICKERS
- Employees must fill out and electronically submit to their institution’s ID coordinator (UMBC ID Coordinator is Wendi Myers) the following:
Please read the Directions for more specific information and photo restrictions.
- The ID coordinator then must verify all necessary criteria have been met and then email the package to SCPC at email@example.com
- SCPC will process the application the ID coordinator will get a “received” response. After 48 business hours, the employee may go to the location indicated on their application to obtain their ID Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 8 am – 2 pm.
The ID is available to all Regular Full-Time Staff/Faculty ONLY and entitles you to free services on MTA buses, light rail and subway. Adjuncts, CI and CII employees are NOT eligible at this time.
210: Kent Island/Annapolis-Baltimore
310: Columbia-Baltimore/Johns Hopkins
410: Churchville/Bel Air-Baltimore/State Center
411: Hickory/Bel Air-Baltimore/Johns Hopkins
420: Havre de Grace-Baltimore/Johns Hopkins